The AEDE-Hungary is one of the numerous sections of the European Association of Teachers (Association Européenne des Enseignants), founded in Paris in 1956. The AEDE is an organization promoting understanding of EU issues amongst educators in all member states. It has a network of more than 20,000 teachers, heads, inspectors and officials, from nursery to university level. AEDE welcomes teachers and schools throughout Europe who wish to work together to build the European society of the future. (www.aede.eu)The Hungarian section of European Association of Teachers (AEDE-Hungary) was founded in 2003 to bring together teachers who heartily stimulate co-operation between European nations and support the idea of European Union. The preparatory work started in 2002 and it would never be a success without the support of the Dutch Section (AEDE-Netherlands).The main objectives of our work are:
- to promote the integration of Hungarian education in European education, dissemination of information related to education;
- to promote the idea of "European dimension" in education and the idea of "European Citizenship" among Hungarian teachers and students;
- to enhance respect for diversity;
- to strengthen partnerships between Hungarian and European organizations and institutions;
- to disseminate good educational practices;
- to organize teacher trainings;
- to promote life-long learning of foreign languages and cultures, and the development of intercultural competence.
The members of our section are involved in many European projects, and are active at both national and international levels.
- Irina Golubeva