The call has gone out for abstracts for participation in the IEREST conference
“Teaching the intercultural in contexts of student mobility” (Bologna, June, 12th - 13th, 2014). We welcome abstracts on the theory and practice of teaching the intercultural, particularly to mobile students in higher education.
The topics suggested include the following:
- Intercultural learning and its implications for teaching;
- Teaching approaches/strategies and the intercultural dimensions: teaching experiences, critical analyses of practices, effects and outcomes;
- Teacher education and the intercultural dimensions;
- Implementation and impact of internationalisation and interculturality in higher education;
- Language and intercultural learning and teaching;
- Assessing intercultural development: Formative perspectives;
- ICT for intercultural teaching and learning;
- Intercultural textbooks and resources.
Abstracts should be submitted in English by the 15th January 2014 to
Please include a title and abstract (400 words) and consider that paper sessions will last 30 minutes (20 minute presentation followed by 10 minutes for discussion).
The Conference Scientific Committee will select the most innovative abstracts and those most consistent with the topics of the conference. Authors will be notified by the 1st March 2014 at the latest.